2.5" to USB 3.0 Bus Powered Portable Leather Drive Enclosure with built in USB Cable
Designed to deliver the perfect combination of style, portability, and performance, the VisionTek Wallet Drive transforms mundane data storage and backup into the world of stylish convenience. Sized like a wallet, its leather cover with a clever magnetic flap closure conceals a hot-swappable drive tray with an integrated 7" long USB 3.0/2.0 connecting cable. Just insert any SATA hard drive or solid state drive and connect the Wallet Drive to a PC or Mac® to experience data transfer speeds up to 600MB/s. And because it’s bus-powered, you’ll never be tied down to an AC power outlet.
Easy 3-Step Drive Installation
There’s nothing to assemble, no tools required... just supply a new or existing hard drive or SSD to start transferring, storing, sharing, and backing up documents, music, videos, photos, and other data.
- Open the Wallet Drive: Lift up on the magnetic flap and unwrap the integrated 7" long USB 3.0 connecting cable (not pictured) from the side of the drive tray.
- Insert the HDD or SSD: Support the enclosure by placing the bottom against the palm of your hand or flat on a hard surface. Match the connectors on the bottom of the HDD or SSD to be installed to the connectors in the enclosure drive tray. Then, slide the drive into the tray until the drive and tray connectors seat fully.
- Secure the HDD or SSD: Once the drive and tray connectors seat fully, gently push the drive down until it is secured in the drive tray sides. It should make an audible “click” noise when it is properly secured.
- Blazing fast data rates: With ability to use SATA 6Gb/s drives via the USB 3.0 interface, you can enjoy data transfers up to 600MB/s. That’s up to 10x faster than USB 2.0!
- Compatible with wide variety of drives: Accepts 2.5” 7mm and 9.5mm SATA I/II/III hard drives and solid state drives.
- Tool-less and screw-less design: Nothing to assemble... just slide in drive for instant data access, transfer, and/or backup.
- Plug and Play portability: No drivers to install... after inserting a drive, just connect the ultra-light 4.0 ounce enclosure with the built-in 7" long USB cable to your computer.
- Bus-powered: No bulky AC adapter to carry around... the enclosure powers from the USB port.
- Hot-Swap ready: No need to disconnect drive from computer... remove and replace drives in the enclosure as you desire.
- Super quiet: Fanless ventilation for noise-free cooling.
- Chipset: ASMedia 1053E
- Drive Compatibility: 1 x 2.5” 7mm or 9.5mm SATA I/II/III hard drive or SSD. Certain drives may only power via USB 3.0 interface.
- Drive Interface: SATA (Serial ATA) Revision 3.0
- Bus Interface: 1 x USB 3.0/2.0 compatible port
- Maximum Data Transfer Rate: USB 3.0: 600MB/s, USB 2.0: 60MB/s
- LED Indicator: Power: steady blue light, Drive activity: flashing blue light
- Size: 4.72” D x 3.14” W x .78” H (flat)
- Weight: 4.0 ounces with drive installed
- Compliance: CE, FCC, RoHS
- Warranty: 12 months
Operating System Requirements
- PC: Windows® XP*/Vista/Windows 7/8/10 or above
*Use of drives exceeding 2.0TB of capacity requires 64-bit version of Windows XP
- Mac: Mac OS X® 10.5 or above
*Use of drives exceeding 2.0TB of capacity is supported.
Mac and OS X are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.