Why People Are Turning to KVM Docks for Flexible Work Tech
As technology continues to advance, the number of devices we use on a daily basis increases as well. From computers and laptops, to game consoles and streaming devices, managing all of these devices can quickly become overwhelming. This is where a KVM switch comes in as a convenient solution to help manage multiple computers and devices with just one keyboard, mouse, and monitor.
What is KVM?
A KVM switch, which stands for Keyboard, Video, and Mouse, is a hardware device that allows you to control multiple computers or devices with just one set of peripherals. This eliminates the need for multiple keyboards, mice, and monitors, saving you desk space and reducing clutter.
One of the biggest advantages of using a KVM switch is the ability to switch between multiple computers or devices with just a single button press. This saves time and effort, as you no longer need to physically unplug and switch between multiple peripherals.
Another advantage of using a KVM switch is improved security. With a KVM switch, you can easily lock down access to sensitive information on one computer while still being able to access other devices without any risk of cross-contamination.
Cost Effective KVM
In addition, KVM switches are also a cost-effective solution. Instead of having to purchase multiple keyboards, mice, and monitors, you only need to invest in one set of peripherals, which can save you money in the long run.
VisionTek’s VT2900 Dual System Dock allows you to switch all connected ports and monitors between two systems with the simple press of a button. Balancing professional tasks with personal work can get tedious when switching your peripherals back and forth between work laptops and your home system. Now with the VT2900, keyboards, mice, monitors, headsets, and more can instantly hot swap without the hassle of transferring cables.
- Compatible with both USB-C DP Alt Mode Laptops and Desktop Computers
- Supports resolutions up to 4K (3840 x 2160 @60Hz) via HDMI and DisplayPort ports
- Supports Extend and Mirror Display Mode
- 3x SuperSpeed USB 3.0 USB-A and 2x USB-C ports, speeds up to 5Gbps
- USB BC 1.2 ports for fast charging devices
- Built-in Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 and Audio Jack
- USB-C Power Delivery up to 100W to PC2 with included power supply
- USB-C Power Pass-through up to 100W to PC1 with user supplied USB-C power supply
The VisionTek VT4950 USB-C KVM Docking Station allows you to easily connect two Windows, Mac or Chromebook laptops to up to three 4K displays, accessories and peripherals through a single USB-C connection on each system while delivering up to 100W power delivery to each system.
- Connect and share a keyboard, mouse and up to 3 displays between 2 computers or laptops
- Charge 2 connected laptops over USB-C (up to 100W each)
- Supports up to 3 monitors at 4K 60Hz each
- Supports extended and mirrored modes
- SuperSpeed+ USB 3.1 Gen 2 up to 10Gbps• Gigabit Ethernet • Kensington Lock
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Kensington Lock
KVM Switch Set Up
Finally, KVM switches are also very easy to set up and use. They typically plug into the USB ports of your computer or device and come with software that allows you to switch between multiple computers or devices with just a few clicks.
In conclusion, if you're looking for a way to manage multiple computers and devices with just one set of peripherals, a KVM switch is a convenient, cost-effective, and easy-to-use solution. So why not consider using a KVM switch today and simplify your tech setup?