240GB 2-way PCI-e SFF SSD
Blistering fast SSD performance for PC and Mac* desktop computers. Boot, save, launch, and multi-task faster… it’s like adding a turbo charger to your PC!
When you want faster system performance than what any single SSD can provide, the award-winning VisionTek 240GB PCI Express SSD is the proven choice. It incorporates the time-tested reliability and performance of two LSI® SandForce® processors utilizing DuraClass™ technology in a RAID 0 (stripe) configuration to deliver wicked fast data transfer rates up to 815MB/s. While ordinary SSDs utilize the SATA connection interface, the VisionTek PCIe SSD installs easily into any open PCIe x2 or higher slot for up to 4x greater bandwidth. So whether you’re into games, spreadsheets, or video editing, the VisionTek PCIe SSD was designed to keep up with your fast lane needs.
Speed doesn’t mean a thing if your data is not secure. VisionTek PCIe SSD's robust ECC algorithm and RAISE™ technology protect those irreplaceable files while efficient block management and reduced write amplification ensure long drive lifespan. Drive health is monitored using an SSD-specific set of S.M.A.R.T. attributes. The combination of these techniques provides data storage protection unrivalled in the storage industry.
VisionTek PCIe SSD Is Perfect For
- Power users
- Home offices
- Digital Photographers
- Creative Professionals
The VisionTek PCIe SSD Benefit
- No moving parts… silent and cool operation.
- Very low operating and standby power use.
- Excellent shock, vibration, and temperature resistance.
- Extreme IOPS per Watt improvement.
- Up to 50x faster than HDD… virtually zero spin up or seek times.
- Designed to deliver SATA 6G speeds, yet backward compatible to SATA 3G and 1.5G.
- Long lifetime use for lower ownership cost… up to 1.5 million hours before replacement needed.
DuraClass Technologies Key Features
- DuraWrite™: extends the drive endurance by 20x or more compared to standard SSD controllers.
- Advanced Wear Levelling & Monitoring distributes data evenly across the entire drive.
- Advanced Read/Disturb Management safeguards against data corruption by spreading read/write cycles across the flash components.
- Intelligent garbage collection "recycling" maintains optimal write speeds by clearing blocks of unneeded data during off-peak usage times.
- RAISE (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements) protects the data on your drive from flash block failures without typical RAID inefficiencies.
- Superior error correction (ECC) protection for longest data retention and drive life.
*For use only as internal storage with Macs. Cannot be used as a boot drive.
Controller: 2 x LSI SandForce 2281 series processors with 7% Over Provisioning
Capacity: 240GB (256GB total flash memory with 16GB dedicated to real-time redundancy and error correction)**
NAND Flash Memory Type: Tier 1 Synchronous MLC
Form Factor: Low Profile PCI Express
Interface: PCIe 2.0 x2
SATA 3.0 Compliant to Support: SATA 6Gb/s, 3Gb/s and 1.5Gb/s applications
Native Command Queuing (NCQ): Up to 32 commands
**Capacity stated is unformatted. The total formatted capacity for the drive will vary depending on the operating system and file system used.
Operating System Requirements
Apple Mac OS X*
Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10
*For use only as internal storage with Macs. Cannot be used as a boot drive
- Sustained Peak Data Rates: Up to 815MB/s (read) / 810MB/s (write)
- Configurable RAID Modes: RAID 0/stripe (default), RAID 1/mirror
- Native Command Queuing (NCQ), DuraClass technology, DuraWrite technology, RAISE technology, Advanced Read Disturb Management,
- Thermal threshold management, Intelligent Block Management and Wear Levelling, Intelligent Data Retention optimization, 55-bit BCH ECC
- 4KB Random Write: Up to 100K IOPS
- Chip Based Data Encryption: 128-bit AES-compliant
- ECC: Up to 55 bytes correctable per 512-byte sector (BCH)
- MTBF: 1,500,000 hours
- Warranty: Three years
In the Box
Includes low profile drive bracket