Radeon R5 230 1GB DDR3 (DVI-D, HDMI, VGA)
The VisionTek Radeon™ R5 230 is the perfect solution for everyday computer users seeking affordable GPU performance with an entry level system, especially systems using a CPU without integrated graphics processing. This low profile, low power consumption card will improve multimedia performance, extend the desktop, and accelerate apps.
For flexibilty of use, it comes with a Low Profile bracket so it can be used in a Small Form Factor chassis or HTPC configuration.
Key Features & Benefits
- Microsoft DirectX® 11 Support: Get intense gaming performance and unrivalled image quality with stunning 3D visual effects, realistic lighting and lifelike imagery.
- AMD HD3D Technology: Supports the latest stereoscopic 3D content and display technologies so you can play 3D games, watch Blu-ray 3D videos, and edit 3D photos on your 3D monitor, TV, or projector.
- Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master AudioTM Support: Provides a fully immersive high-definition audio experience with the latest Blu-ray movies.
- AMD App Acceleration: Creates a "co-processing" environment in which the compute processing potential in the card's GPU works together with the computer system's CPU to improve performance of everyday tasks such as web browsing, Office applications, and video rendering.
- AMD PowerPlay™: Dynamically manage power efficiency and take control of your performance with AMD's revolutionary PowerPlay power management technology delivering high performance features when needed and conserving power when the demand on the graphics processor is low. This industry-leading technology dramatically reduces power consumption for the optimal balance between performance and power for break-through energy efficiency.
- AMD CrossFire™ Technology: Double up your GPUs to enjoy an instant hit of extra graphics performance. Keep your options open with future upgrade possibilities.
- Windows 8.1 Support: Comprehensive OS support including Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and the very latest Windows 8.1 functionality and Driver support.
Graphics Engine: RADEON R5 230
Video Memory: 1GB DDR3
Memory Interface: 64-bit
DirectX® Support: 11.2
Bus Standard: PCI Express 2.1 x16
Core Speed: Up to 652MHz
Memory Speed: 500MHz x2 (1000MHz effective)
Stream Processors: 160
Compute Performance: 200 GFLOPS
Supported Outputs: 1 Dual link DVI-D connector (digital only), 1 HDMI connector (supports video and audio), 1 VGA connector
Number of Monitors Supported: 2
Warranty: Limited Lifetime
- PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard
- 300 Watt or greater power supply recommended (400 Watt for AMD CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)
- Minimum 1GB of system memory
- Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
- DVD playback requires DVD drive
- Blu-ray™ playback requires Blu-ray drive
- The operation of AMD CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode requires a second VisionTek Radeon™ R5 230 graphics card and an AMD CrossFireX Ready motherboard.
Note that AMD CrossFireX technology in greater than dual mode is not supported with AMD Radeon™ R5 230 graphics products.
NOTE: If you desire monitor to GPU syncing with a VisionTek graphics card, we recommend the use of AMD’s FreeSync solution only. Visit http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/technologies-gaming/freesync for more information.
900708View full details